Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Wayne

This week is the anniversary of my brother Wayne's birth and death. Wayne was born 9 November 1951, and died 12 November 1963. My father said that he was not given oxygen after he was born and the consequence was cerebral palsy. I want to share a few photos of him during his short life on this earth. Wayne was well loved by our immediate family, and I remember the expressions of love of our extended family as well. I think of him often and send him my love. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that our family is eternal. Happy Birthday,Wayne.

Spring 1952.

Wayne at Roeding Park, Nov 1952,
shadows of mom and dad.

Mom and Wayne, Rickey, Dad and I, March 1956.
Wayne is 2 years and 6 months older than me,
but he was always very small, due to the
muscle atrophy.

Mom and Wayne, May 1963

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for this post. I didn't even know I had a cousin named Wayne until my parents told me he had passed away. I guess you and I were 9 at the time. It's such a shame that he wasn't born when society had the compassion/understanding and medical/therapeutic knowledge to give him a fuller life, and yet with his physical limitations he brought so much joy, love and tenderness to his family.

Isn't it wonderful to know that for him the limitations are gone and he's now living in the light of our Saviour? I look forward to meeting him in the eternities! Happy birthday, Wayne!

Jenna said...

I'm glad you shared these pictures, Raelene. You've told me a little about Wayne. The pictures made him so real.

I can't believe how much you (and Brandy) resemble your mom!