Thursday, July 16, 2009

New and Old Lives

I am truly enjoying my visit with my new grand babies. They are doing great! Cole weighs 7lbs 8oz, and Caden weighs 7lbs 11oz, 19 3/4" long. It is still hard to get up in the middle of the night though, you start to wilt about mid-day *!* and still keep up with the 2 1/2 year old. Here are a couple pics of the sweethearts and their brother.

Caden, Asher and Cole

Cole and Caden


Holiday called a little while ago and said that my sweet Nick is very lethargic today. It doesn't seem that he has moved at all today. Oh dear, this will be hard to lose him. He has been a member of our family since December 1992. I guess 17 1/2 years is a good long life for a cat. He has had lots of energy before today, always running around the house with his younger cohort, Cooper. I am sad that I am not there with him, but I asked Holiday to give him some extra love and tender scratches under the chin for me. I hope he feels better, I don't want to lose him before I get back home :(

4 comments:

Jenna said...

The babies (and Asher!) are so cute! That one pic of the three of them is almost funny, like he's normal sized and they're miniature. So fun for you, and I'll bet you're a lifesaver for Brandy. Getting up in the middle of the night and still functioning in the day IS hard. Always will be.

Oh no about Nick. My heart breaks. I do hope he can hold out for you to get home with him. How long are you staying? We've all loved that guy.

Raelene said...

I forgot to put in my post that Asher weighs 29 lbs and is 35 inches tall. I'm not sure how long I'll be here, just enjoying every minute I can have.

Mary said...

One of the heartbreaks about pet ownership is knowing we will probably outlive our beloved feline and canine companions. It's so hard to let them go, but I truly believe we'll be reunited with them in the next life. How could it be heaven without them?

Those babies get more beautiful every day!

Saint Holiday said...

Come home quick
Cause Nick is sick
I can tell by his nuclear puke.
It's something outrageous
And probably contagious
Projectile bile and gook.