Friday, October 3, 2008

7 Random Things Meme


1. I married my husband in the Albuquerque Temple
5 days after we met. Yep, I said 5 days.

2. I could watch the same movie (one of my favorites) once a week for the rest of my life. Silly, I know, but I could and would if I had time.

3. I hate to throw food away. I like everyone to eat all the food on their plates. I'm not sure why, probably due to having to do without, and I despise waste, especially since someone had to work so hard to buy it. I'm glad we live in the mountains, now I put all the leftovers out for the skunks, and they finish it all up.

4. I can sit at the computer and do family history research for hours upon hours, searching censuses and other records. Don't plan on anything getting done in the house, which I never used to let go. I have to tear myself away or get everything done before I sit down to work.

5. I can only eat fresh mushrooms, preferably sliced and lightly cooked in butter. I cannot stand cream of mushroom soup, or pre-cooked mushrooms. They taste like I am chewing on a rubber band...yuck.

6. On the other hand, I actually used to like and eat liver and onions before I met my vegetarian husband.

7. I earned an all expense paid trip to Oahu, Hawaii in 1990 by winning a nationwide data entry contest offered by the company I was working for at the time. Eight days and seven nights totally paid for and a gift of $1,000.00 to boot for spending money.

All who may read this please add the meme to your blog and let me know so I can get to know you better!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, wow! I don't think I'd ever heard that you guys only knew eachother 5 days before you were married!

What movie? Or are there several?

I hate throwing food away also! We always had to eat everything on our plates growing up, and I try to get my kids to do the same. I actually will only dish them up what I know they will eat...better for them to go back for 2nd's, than to have too much to start with. I save left overs and do my best to eat them the next night for dinner and I'll eat it for lunch the next day if there is still some left. (Sorry for all that info!)

Thanks for sharing all these fun things!

Raelene said...

Sarah, there are several, I don't think I can pinpoint one. See my profile for a starter list of films.

Jenna said...

I finally got to read this! My internet filter was blocking Photobucket, which is where the wallpapers come from, so your font that is purple couldn't be seen on the original purple background, so it was all blank. Just fixed that. Anyway! Those were fun things! What about in casseroles? Is C of M soup okay there? You did a great job. I can't wait till you hit 100 posts so I can read 100 things about you. Start thinking!