Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Hens

Pearl, Pepper and Prissy

How fun it is to go out and walk the yard with the chickens. Even more so to go in and retrieve the eggs, and they taste great too. You can tell I'm a city girl, I'm sure no one that was born on a farm, and has to do this every day thinks it is fun. Holiday lets them out in the morning, and I make sure they are closed in every night since we have racoons, skunks and wild beasts living in the area. We clean out the "Chicken Catchiatorium" once a week, and truly enjoy their antics during the day. It's quite hillarious watching 2 or 3 of them going for the same worm, and the chase that ensues after one gets it. I think I need to get a more exciting life (ha! ha!). We have had them since July 12th and they have become accustomed to us and the property. They still don't stand still for you to reach out and pet them, but they love to eat from my hand. Well, I thought it was time to blog and share our dull life with everyone. I'll try to think of things to post.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I should try to grow some eggs! I wonder if I'd have more luck at that than at potatoes!

Lyns said...

I see you found the cutest blog on the block site! Cool, huh? Very fun. Looks terrific! And your life isn't dull, it's serene and thoughtful and interesting! Many people wish they could slow down enough to enjoy the things that you get to enjoy every day. The hens are beautiful and I love their names.